A number of people are killed or seriously injured in confined spaces each year in the UK. This happens in a wide range of industries, from those involving complex plant to simple storage vessels. Those killed include not only people working in the confined space but those who try to rescue them without proper training and equipment.Course Content
Upon completion of this awareness course delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- What is a confined space?
- Legal requirements for complying with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997.
- Risk identification and controls.
- Causes of injuries and avoidance.
- Use of PPE and emergency equipment.
- Safe systems of work.
- Testing oxygen depleted atmospheres.
- Emergency and rescue procedures.
- Isolation and lock out.
- Permit to work systems.