Legionnaires' disease is the most serious disease of a group of diseases collectively known as legionellosis. Legionnaires' disease is a pneumonia that mainly affects susceptible people such as the elderly, the young, the immunocompromised, heavy smokers and those that are already ill, and in certain cases Legionnaires' disease can be fatal. Infection is attributed to people inhaling Legionella, present in water droplets that are small enough to penetrate deeply into the lung. This course helps delegates identify the risks and controls necessary to prevent the exposure of people to the infection.Course Content
- What is legionnaires disease.
- How legionnaires disease is caused.
- Symptoms and treatments for legionnaires disease.
- Legal and notification requirements.
- Controls and prevention strategies.
- Sampling and monitoring techniques.
- Water treatment and disinfection techniques.