The health risks associated with asbestos have been well publicised, however most employers and their employees are unfamiliar with the legal and health requirements for preventing the exposure of employees to asbestos. This programme is aimed at managers and employees who work within the construction and facilities management sectors to raise their awareness of the health risks associated with asbestos, and the controls necessary to prevent exposure to employees.Course Content
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- What is asbestos and where can it be found.
- The health risks from asbestos?
- How asbestos enters the body?
- What effects asbestos has on the body.
- Legal requirements.
- Requirements for health checks?
- Overview of HSE guidance.